Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Hit the frame with the first coat of metallic green this morning. The result was rather spotty, and at least a 2nd coat would be necessary. Since this is the frame after all, I'm not too worried about it being perfect, and wasn't too worried about the green being super metallic as much I was concerned about getting the right color for the look, so I skipped doing an under coat of silver to achieve the true metallic potential. The first coat was definitely too light, so another coat was in order this evening.

(First coat of metallic green.)

The first thing I did this evening was to hit my Super Dome with a sanding bit on the dremel to sand out the name. This went very well, but will of course need a lot of follow up hand sanding with some high grit paper. (Forgot to pick this up at the hardware store today when I was in picking up more metallic green.)


I've also been working on a sit and spin for my dome. I happened upon one at a children's resale store several months back for just a couple dollars, and had picked it up for my child for Christmas (at the urging of the other child.. who knew she had had her eye on it.) However, I got her a new one on a great sale at Walmart and wrapped it up, so I could use this one for my droid. The plate on it is a bright green, so it seems perfect, and since it was a talking one, and the new one isn't... there will be a little less annoying noise around the house (one can only hope). The only problem I have run into with this son far is that because it is not a Sit and Spin classic, it does not have a completely round seat. The seat is slightly oval (you can see where there is frame showing in the pic)... which could pose some challenges when mounting the dome. We'll have to see what that brings when the time comes.

Here she is checking out the Sit and Spin for the dome. Even though she doesn't know about the Xmas present one- she fully approves of the application of this one on the frame that is now sporting 2 coats of green. :)


Here is a view of the underside of the Sit and Spin sitting on the frame. (The green of the frame is NOT this dark in person.)


This is a much more true to color picture, and shows most of the work done on the project to date. Def. a favorite of mine right now. It's sitting in the corner of my living room, and I just can't stop staring at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment