Thursday, December 16, 2010


In looking through the forums for information on how o motorize a sit and spin for the dome (which I didn't find) I found lots of info on how people lite their logic displays. The method that I thought would be best for me right now is to use battery operated string lights. And right now is the perfect time of year to locate these. I found them on clearance at my Michael's craft store, and picked up 3 strands. After moving a lot of bulbs around I finally had one set that was all green and blue. I couldn't get white LEDs in the same style, so that's why I went with the blue. I think green is an obvious choice for this droid though. :) I have a bit of work do do on my logic displays to get the lights set up in there and such, but couldn't help getting Whistler in the spirit of the holidays yesterday afternoon!


While dinner was cooking on the stove, I slipped out the back kitchen door and gave my MSE a quick coat of paint. (Rust-oleum Automobile Primer 2089 Dark Gray Primer)

Last night I did some work on my dome and front skins. I punched out most of the things that need to be taken out on both the inner and outer skins. Then gave a preliminary coat of green of the inner skins. Can't wait to get these layered up today! Should look amazing!

Front inner, completely punched and initially painted.



I spent a good while laying in the lines for Whistler's dome stripes, and then got those painted in with a first coat of green done by hand. This still needs a lot of work, but it's at least starting to resemble the droid I'm looking for.

Updated dome, and mostly punched front outer skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment